Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm a delinquent. I admit it.

I am trying to think what all has happened in the last two weeks. Basically, Dylan left for the summer. Yep, that sums most of what has been going on. Today is officially the one week mark. Only eight more to go. I don't think I was terribly mopy until this weekend. Arthur had Cecelita so I was here alone, with my thoughts. Which wasn't all bad, actually I would be lying if I said it was anything other than wonderful. I read all weekend. Literally ALL weekend.

Marcus, my brother-in-law mentioned that the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer, was worth a read. They are actually in the young adult section, but I readily admit I devoured them all the same. I ordered the first one weeks ago and it has been sitting in my kitchen. Immediately upon finishing it, I raced to Barnes & Noble and grabbed the second and third. I finished the second in one sitting and forced myself to ignore the third until I had done my homework and studied for my Geology test.

Yes, I am taking a summer class. How is it going you ask? Well, it is terribly dreary to take a class online, but I am completely certain I made the right decision.

I am such a girl. I do not think that is a bad thing. But present nonetheless. I am watching Pride and Prejudice and quietly missing my dear Dylan. Oh well. I am starting to get into the routine of the summer. The only thing I have not quite mastered is the lawn. That escapes me. I have to mow it tomorrow. Unless someone would like to do it for me...

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I haven't gotten to read the Twilight series yet. I think that I have decided to wait until the last book comes out later this year, and then be able to read them all at one time. The whole waiting-on-Harry-Potter thing was too nerve wracking.

The Nichols Family said...

Your weekend of reading sounds like a little piece of heaven in your world. Mine was spent at the spa, followed by an afternoon by the neighbors pool while hubby mowed the yard. I would offer to mow, but between an allergy attack and heat exhaustion, I'm going to pass and hope some poor kid needs $15 and offers to help!